The bible INCLUDES the Old Testament. If they didn’t like what the Old Testament said then they wouldn’t have included it. Or they would have removed the Old Testament in the last 2000 or so years – but they haven’t.
If Jesus was all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful like the Bible claims, then Jesus would have spoken up enough, to a high enough degree, that the authors of the Bible would not have included the Old Testament in The Bible – to this day. He’s had 2000+ years to do that. Would YOU do that if you had Jesus’ alleged powers?....we would have.
Jesus quoted from the Old Testament quite often.
Nowhere in the New Testament does Jesus state that the Old Testament as a whole is to be discarded. In 2000+ years of “watching over us, and answering our prayers”, he’s never said that.
The Bible says that god is unchanging, so the Old Testament god is the same as the New Testament god. So if Jesus claimed that his father changed his mind that would violate scripture - so wouldn’t Jesus be a false prophet? Just to be safe, we don’t bring forward the divinity of Jesus.
The New Testament and the Old Testament both say for Christians to obey the laws of the Old Testament, in at least 13 verses. If these verses are wrong, then should they be changed?
Jesus says that the Old Testament laws are binding on everyone forever. He doesn’t object to the cruelties of the Old Testament.
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. 46 And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. 47 It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations,f beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’ 48 You are witnesses of all these things.]
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance forever. ... And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance forever. ... And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons forever.
It shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations.
What nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day? ... teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons.
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, always.
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God.
Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth. Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them forever.
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth forever.
Remember ye the law of Moses.
It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
“The New Testament records more than 10 occasions on which the ministry of Jesus took place in the synagogue [these are Old Testament teachings.] The Gospels record that "Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues...... Jesus, his disciples, and Paul (as well as most early Jewish followers of Jesus) went to the synagogue to worship.....It might surprise modern Christians to discover that many church practices are based on synagogue [Old Testament] customs that Jesus followed."
(1) John said: sin IS violating Torah (1Jn 3:4)
(2) Paul said: Grace is no reason to continue violating Torah (Rom 6:1-2)
(3) Paul said: The Law is being enforced (Romans 3:31)
(4) Jesus/Yeshua said: DO NOT THINK…that my purpose for coming was to destroy the Law! (Mat 5:17)
(5) Jesus/Yeshua said: You will not receive The Holy Spirit if you do not follow Torah! (John 14:15-16)
(6) Paul said: Only the Spiritual mind can submit to Torah! (Rom 8:7-8)
(7) Jesus/Yeshua said: His COMMANDMENT is everlasting Life! (John 12:50)
(8) Jesus/Yeshua said: His Laws are summarized by 2: love God and love your neighbor (Mat 22:40) (Deut 6 and Lev. 19:18)
(9) Jesus/Yeshua said: Do EVERYTHING that is taught from Torah/Moses Seat/Bima Seat (Mat 23:1-3a)
(10) Paul said: People will ignore Torah and God’s righteousness to establish their own! (Rom 10:3)
(11) Jesus/Yeshua said: EVERYONE who DOES and TEACHES Torah, will be called GREAT! (Mat 5:19)
(12) Jesus/Yeshua said: If you ignore Torah to obey traditions, you don’t REALLY love Him! (Mark 7:6-7)
(13) John said: TRUE believers, not only “believe” in Jesus/Yeshua, but ALSO obey Torah! (Rev 14:12)
(14) Jesus/Yeshua said: We are supposed to LIVE BY Torah as God said in Deut 8:3! (Mat 4:4)
(15) Paul said: God WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU if you touch what is unclean*Lev 7:2! (2 Cor 6:17-18)
(16) Paul said: KEEP the Jewish traditions! (2Thes 2:15)
(17) Jesus/Yeshua said: You Pharisees are hypocrites because you only obey PART! (Mat 23:23)
(18) Jesus/Yeshua said: Your WORKS must exceed the Pharisees! (Mat 5:20)
(19) John said: If a person DOES NOT OBEY TORAH, they ARE NOT His children! (1Jn 2:1-3)
(20) Jesus/Yeshua said: You CANNOT abide in His love UNLESS you obey Torah! (Jn 15:10)
(21) James said: DO NOT speak evil of the Law! (James 4:11)
(22) John said: We receive what we ask because we keep His Torah! (1Jn 3:22)
(23) John said: The Holy Spirit IS NOT IN US unless we obey Torah! (1Jn 3:24)
(24) John said: We do NOT love Him if we reject Torah! (1Jn 5:3a)
(25) John said: His Commandments are NOT a burden! (1Jn 5:3b)
(26) Paul said: IF we WORK righteousness, we will be accepted by God! (Acts 10:35)
(27) Paul said: I believe EVERYTHING written in Torah! (Acts 24:14)
(28) Paul said: I have NEVER taught against Torah! (Acts 28:17)
(29) Paul said: You are NOT justified by faith UNLESS you obey Torah! (Romans 2:13)
(30) Paul said: Obey Torah like Jesus/Yeshua did for He is our example to follow! (Rom 10:4)
(31) Paul said: You WILL NOT be crowned UNLESS you follow The Rules! (2 Tim 2:5)
(32) Paul said: The Law IS GOOD! (1 Tim 1:8)
(33) Paul said: We are to avoid becoming unclean! (Eph 5:3)
(34) Paul said: Don’t become separated from God by becoming unclean! (Eph 4:18)
(35) Paul said AGAIN: REMEMBER and keep the Jewish traditions! (1 Cor 11:2)
(36) Paul said: ONLY THE DOERS OF THE LAW will be “justified by Faith”! (Rom 2:13)
(37) Paul said: If you reject Torah and sin, you WILL perish! (Romans 2:12)
(38) Jesus/Yeshua said: Whoever obeys Torah are brothers and sisters! (Mat 12:50)
(39) Jesus/Yeshua said: What is written in Torah? (Luke 10:25-28)
(40) Paul said: Stephen was falsely accused of teaching against Torah! (Acts 6:11)
(41) Paul said: Let us keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread! (1 Cor 5:8)
(42) Jesus/Yeshua said: to the leprous man, go and offer sacrifice according to Torah! (Luke 5:14)
(43) says: long after Jesus/Yeshua ascended, the Gentiles went to the synagogues “on SATURDAY” (Acts 13:42-44)
(44) If you do His Commandments/Torah, you may have right to eternal Life (Rev 22:14)